News

Man killed in Westville shooting

INVESTIGATION

POST REPORTER|Updated

The scene of the shooting in Westville.

Image: ALS Paramedics Medical Services

A man believed to be in his 30s was shot and killed while driving in Westville on Tuesday. 

Garrith Jamieson, spokesperson for ALS Paramedics Medical Services, said they received multiple calls with regard to the shooting at the corner of Menston Road and Buckingham Terrace. 

He said paramedics, who arrived at the scene, were shown to a vehicle which had been shot at multiple times. 

Paramedics assessed the driver, who was believed to be the only occupant of the vehicle. He was found to have sustained multiple gunshot wounds to his body, and unfortunately there was nothing more that paramedics could do for him. He was declared deceased at the scene. 

“The entire area was cordoned off by the South African Police Service to allow for further investigations. At this stage, the events leading up to the shooting are unknown,” he said.  

THE POST